Re: A86: [OT] Staying on-topic.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: [OT] Staying on-topic.

Funny how less than two hours before you sent this, you posted a message
with the subject "IP's, e-mail, forgery, and more.. Got your attention
yet?".  Just wondered if anyone else noticed that besides me.  And if you
want people to reply to you and not the list, why not send it to the people
you feel are off-topic and not the whole list?  That's how _I_ feel.

I have a suggestion that is used on other lists and seems to work well.
Now, I realize that this list consists of mostly high school/middle school
students, where as other lists consist of college graduates/professional
programmers, but I'd like to think that we could still maintain some
maturity.

In the subject of messages, the category of the message can be enclosed in
braces [].  For example, this message contained [OT] standing for "off
topic".  Which means, if you are looking at a long list of messages, you can
simply delete anything that contains [OT] in the header if you don't want to
read it.  Or, setup your mailer to delete anything containing that
automatically so it doesn't waste 5 seconds of your time to do it yourself.

If I have offended anyone, I apologize.  Anyone interested in putting
together a graphics demo contest?

> I don't mean to be rude, but could everyone stick to the topic of 86-
> ASM? This list was created and maintained for people to learn about
> assembly for the TI-86. Am I not correct? If you do have a 'happy
[snip]
> for a christian mailing list. So, please stay on topic and make my
> over-all mailing list experience more enjoyable. Yes, I do realize
> that this is off-topic, but I felt it needed to be addressed. If you
> have a reply for me, send it to andycool1@hotmail.com, not the list.

Follow-Ups: References: