A86: IP's, e-mail, forgery, and more.. Got your attention yet?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: IP's, e-mail, forgery, and more.. Got your attention yet?

Around April 10th or so "David Phillips" (david@acz.org) typed..

Kirk Meyer didn't post that.  Until ticalc.org starts posting IP
numbers with the messages, no one will know.  Just like email...you
can fake all the user information, but you can't fake the servers in
the header.
When I first saw this, I checked to see if your e-mail was @aol.com..
but it's not, so that's a good start. But anyways, you can forge *ANY
PART* of the header. The only sure way to know your e-mail is from
the supposed sender is with digital signatures (a feature in Outlook
Express, I believe). Just thought I'd educate everyone with
misconceptions about forgery.

        -ננ ||IIIII||IIIIl|| ננ (Andy D.)
        http://members.xoom.com/1cool

     "..to love somebody hopelessly  it hurts so much
      to love somebody equally  is not enough.."
                                -Van Halen