Re: A86: GET_KEY vs ports

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: GET_KEY vs ports

Actually, this is not entirely true.  It is not using getkey that causes
the bug.  It is the rom's interrupt routine that causes the bug.  For
example, Sqrxz reads the ports directly and it still has the bug.  The way
to disable the bug is to 1) write your own int handler, or 2) disable
interrupts entirely.

On a side note, does disabling interrupts have any bad effects on the calc?
 I am using this in a game now, and I can find nothing wrong with it,
though it has been said not to do this.  (Yes, I know you have to enable
before exiting, and you can't use the rom getkey routines, etc...)