Re: A86: a question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: a question

After _puts or _vputs is called, hl points to the character following the
null byte in the string it just displayed.  But the cursor is right after
the last string printed, it does not advance to the next line (one of the
things I always wished TI-BASIC included...).

 ld hl,string1	; hl points to start of string1
 call _vputs		; hl now points one byte after string1, or string2
 call _vputs		; hl now points to string3
 ret			; don't want to run the strings, do we?

string1:
.db "string 1",0
string2:
.db "string 2",0