Re: A86: a question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: a question

<<What I want to do is use _vputs like this:
ld hl,string
call _vputs

string:
    .db "the first string"
string2:
    .db "the second string"

Can I make it where after _vputs is called, it points to string2?
Thanks,  >>

Actually, you need zero terminated strings, because that's how _puts
knows how to stop.  If you called _puts now, _puts would continue to
write out what hl points to until it encountered a zero.  If you had
zero's terminating both of your strings, then yes, hl would point to
string2.  That's another thing that _puts does.  I hope this helps.

Sam

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]