Re: A86: grphlink error

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: grphlink error

>One of them was a really crappy generic brand keyboard
> and in the package was an adapter that went from the odd circle shape
> plug to a 9 pin.  Maybe if you find one of those (maybe make one from
> kits at radio shack?  I know you can make your own 9 and 25 pin cables
> so it might be possible to rig up an adapter somehow).  Then if you can get one of >them maybe you can hook your like up in a deformed way.

I don't think that the odd circle shaped port can be made to work as a
usable serial port.  I am assuming that the odd circle shape refers to a
PS2 mouse or keyboard.  On my computer at least, I don't know of any
possible way to get the computer to use the mouse port as a normal
serial port.  I guess you could root around in system settings and find
its addresses or whatnot and send/recieve to that, but then you wouldn't
be able to use a mouse. Even if you find an adapter to change it to 9-
or 25-pin serial, I doubt it would work.

BlAsTo:  Just WHAT kind of computer did you say this is?  I can't
imagine any computer company (that is still in business at least) not
putting serial ports on the computers!