Re: A86: grphlink error

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: grphlink error

In a message dated 9/24/98 8:16:23 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
uneven14@hotmail.com writes:

> There has to be otherwise you wouldn't be able to use your mouse or your
>  modem.  Which would mean you wouldn't be writing these emails or even
>  Assembly.  There is a COM port or 2 somewhere on/in your computer.  It
>  may be 9 pin and it may be 25 pin.  Hell you may even have one of each.
>  Trace your mouse cable back to where it plugs in.  Run the graphlink
>  software.  Unplug your mouse and hook up the graphlink where the mouse
>  was.  Then wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am you're ready to transfer all sorts
>  of math class time passing games to your calc.  Thats what I did.  Then
>  we got another computer so I use my old one for nothing but Assembly
>  progging with the ocassional (emphasis on occasional) PASCAL work.

I remember I completely ruined an old 386 that had it's mouse on a COM
port simply by rubbing the connections on the 6 pin to 9 pin connector
together.  At first, it would actually type characters (this is the mouse cord
I am shorting).  Then it rebooted.  When it came back up, it was fried.
About a week later, I repeated the experiment and ruined another.
I stopped after that as the pile of broken computers in the corner was
growing noticably.  Not like I (or anyone else) cared.