Re: A86: grphlink error

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: grphlink error

>>>Yes, I am sure.  I use a modem adapter to connect my link to "serial
port
>>1"
>>>on the back of my hard drive.
>>
>>I think you're terminology is mixed up a little bit. On the back of
hard
>>drives, you'll only find a 40pin IDE port (or SCSI if it's a SCSI
drive)
>and
>>a power port. I think you're trying to refer to your actual computer,
the
>>"box", "tower", "machine", etc. :-)
>>
>>-- Steve Horne
>>
>        OK, I know nothing about hardware.  I thought the hard drive
was the
>thing that holds all of the boards and the chips and stuff.  What is a
hard
>drive??  Is it physical or a place where data is stored??
>--------------
>Jbrett
>tbarwick@esn.net
>http://ww2.esn.net/~tbarwick
>I just added a TI-86 page, Check it out!!!

Its both.  Its kinda like a really thick board with two (correct?) disk
looking thinga ma hooies and a little arm that reads data off of it.
Kinda like a record but with like a bizzillion times the storage
capacity.  The part that holds all the boards is called the mother
board.  Does that help any?

Matt