A86: Free memspace

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Free memspace

I just started Asm a while back, and I thought I had figured out from
context what memory paging was.  But then I saw some other stuff that
makes me think I was wrong on some points.

What is memory paging?  Isn't it a way of making the processor able to
address more memory than it could otherwise?  Can there be an address on
one page that is the same as an address on another page?

And where are some spots in memory that I can use for temporary
storage?  Are there any places in memory that are normally used for
nothing that I could use for longer term storage?