Re: A86: asm clock?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: asm clock?

>> What would be the point of turning the calc off is a clock
>> is running (assuming you got that working)? The batteries
>> would run down almost as fast as if the calc were on. The
>> processor is stuck on a HALT instruction normally when
>> off, so it uses very little power.
>
>Am I wrong, or did we just go over this?
>
>Is there someone out there who knows whether or not the
>200/sec interrupts are disabled when the calculator is
>powered down?  If so, how about you answer the puzzle
>that has plagued this list for a year now.

The interrupts are enabled and switched to im 1.  Someone will have to write
an im 1 clock to test whether the interrupt actually runs 200 (or 174) times
per second when the calculator is off.  It wouldn't be too hard to port
David Philips' clock, if someone has the time.
Either that or we could get a little help from the magnanimous TI knowledge
source ;-)