Re: A86: asm clock?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: asm clock?

> EXACTLY what happens when the calc is turned off?  I don't want to know
> what you *think* happens, I want to know what actually happens.  This is
> only because of all the rumors going around.  If anyone has dissassembled
> the off routine and has a copy, I'd like to see that.

The screen is turned off using a port.  This causes any electron flow
through the liquid crystal sheet in the screen to cease.  Since there
is no current, the liquid crystals return to their state of misalignment,
no longer polarizing light.  Since all of the light is polarized once by
the film over the screen, bounces off the back of the screen, and is
polarized in the same direction on the return trip, no rays of light are
completely eliminated.  Therefore; although the screen is not as
bright as it would be if no polarization were taking place, the screen
does not appear black.