Re: A86: drawing a sprite to the screen.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: drawing a sprite to the screen.

>From: BlAsTo1414@aol.com
>Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 19:25:38 EDT
>To: assembly-86@lists.ticalc.org
>Subject: Re: A86: drawing a sprite to the screen.
>

>ok,
>maybe I worded that wrong.  your example is perfect except it has no
comments
>:(, there was that background in it and the sprite can be moved up and
down.

>I want the user to be able to move the sprite, w/ the arrow keys, but
only
>left and right.  not left, right, up and down.
>
>got it?
>
>BlAsTo1414

Here's how to do that written in psuedo-code:

1) Draw sprite in its starting spot.
2) Get the key the user presses.
3) Jump to a specific spot depending on the key.
4) Change the register with the sprites postion to move whichever
direction you want it to.
5) Redraw your sprite using the new cooridinates.

Hope that helps you.  If you have trouble I (or someone else) will
explain it in more detail but for now lets see if you can get it to
work.

Matt