Re: Re: A86: asm to HEX

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Re: A86: asm to HEX

>From: BlAsTo1414@aol.com
>Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 15:28:36 EDT
>To: assembly-86@lists.ticalc.org
>Subject: Re: Re: A86: asm to HEX
>

>ok,
>
>I got Asm Studio 86.  I can write progs there right?  Then I got an
asm2hex
>program.  when I build progs in the studio program I can open them up
in the
>asm2hex prog.  right so far?
>
>After viewing it in the asm2hex prog, I hand-copy it to my calc.
right?  then
>when I get the hex on my calc I have to do what?  do I run asmcomp(  ?
if I
>do that then I cant edit the prog anymore right?
>
>I also got TI86emu.  I can run progs there right?   and then check
errors
>right?  does ti86emu only run the asmfile or can it run the hexfile
also?

>thanks,
>BlAsTo1414

Yes you can write ASM progs in ASM Studio.  Yes you can open them in the
hex program.  Yes then you copy it to the calc (being careful there are
no mistakes as to not crash your calc).  Then use AsmComp( on it then
you can't edit it (at least not on your calc w/o another prog).  And yes
you can run _compiled_(i.e.-file.86p) with Ti86emu but _only_ if you
have a rom image (and lets not get started on that again).  Ti86emu can
be used to check for bugs but I'm not sure if you can run hex files too.
However this shouldn't be a problem seeing as how you have both types.

And I have one suggestion for you-  Get a link cable of some sort it'll
be a lot easier on you and everyone else if you do.  Just a suggestion

Matt