Re: A86: more on writing/running an asm prog.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: more on writing/running an asm prog.

I'd like to thank Bryan for siding with me on this, and for those of you
who disagree....

  It is illegal to obtain a ROM image that is not from a calculator that
YOU have purchased. The ROM is the meat and potatoes of the calc, and if
the ROM image becomes freely availible, then the calc becomes
reproduceable. You could open up you calc and figure out exactly what
parts are in it and build a physical calc on your own (the schematics
are availible for an 85), however, without the ROM, it's not a TI calc.
As soon as you get the ROM image, you could program the right chips with
the right info and start making your own pseudo-TI calcs and that
violates some copyright law. This is why it is illegal to have a ROM
image from a different calc.

-Joseph

 Have A
  :-)