Re: A86: more on writing/running an asm prog.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

BlAsTo1414@aol.com wrote:

> ok,
> if I got a prog on my pc and wrote the asm code there, could I eventually > copy
> the code over to my 86 by the same way you would basic code?  like print it
> out from my pc and just copy it by hand to my 86?

Um, sorta. You'd have to copy the hex codes of the compiled program.
That would be long and hard and one little mistake could be absolutely
disastrous. You cannot type in the raw code like in BASIC.

> but if I did that, i dont
> want to be canstantly copying new code to my 86.  is there a way to run asm
> progs on my pc, before i copy them to my 86?

Yes, use an emulator, which requires a ROM dump. However, to get a ROM
dump, you need to dump your own ROM, because using somebody else's is
illegal. However again, to get a ROM dump, you need the Link. There is
no other way.

-Joseph

 Have A
  :-)