Re: A86: getkey program

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: getkey program

In a message dated 9/5/1998 2:19:29 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
assets@eden.rutgers.edu writes:

<< jp $4a33   ...  same thing, if all the program does is display this number.
 guess he's doing something else than trying to figure out what the key
equates
 are, though :-) >>

Actually, I am.  I am making a program called BscCmnds.  It is short for Basic
Commands.  I am making it so that all of those who don't know how to write in
basic for the 86 can get help (I got the idea from a friend who kept asking me
questions).  I need to know this routine because I came up with a problem when
I came to the basic command "getKy".  I wanted to make it so that the user
could type in a button and get the number for it (ex. F1=11).  I still need
some help with it though.  Just in case you missed it, I am trying to get a
command that will do the following in asm:

Lbl A
getKy->Z
If Z>0
Outpt(8,1,Z
If Z==105
Stop
Goto A

I want this to display the number in the small font.  I used Outpt(8,1,Z
because I wanted the number to be put on the bottom left of the screen.  If
anyone can help, please do.

THANX
Dan