Re: A86: quickie division routines

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: quickie division routines

> Does anyone have a quickie routines for 8-bit division?  We need something
> faster than FPDiv...we also only need the integer values of the results, so
> this makes things simpler.  If no one has any division routines, I'd be glad
> to whip something up.

Is it a challenge ???
I have a 16 bit divide routine for 6502 (very easy to convert to z-80 if you
know what you are talking about).
It is must fast faster than floating point (what isn't ?) div.

				Walt

ps : code has to be relocatable, with as few absolute addressing and  local
var  as possible (keep them in regs).
The loading file must have a reloc' record/file as small as possible.
If a reloc' table is not needed , bonus points are awarded.
pps : Cycle time ...
      It will be done Amiga Style ....
      either by video or by audio . (I havent done any research yet).
      Since everything is running relative to battery charge,
      everything should be relative to a given hardware spec.