Re: A86: help with program

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: help with program

if you put
	ex (sp),hl
after the pop hl, it would work.

this is what i used when i had a lot of strings to put at different
places (i had a LOT of strings, though):
drawtext:
        push hl
        call LD_HL_MHL
        ld (_penCol),hl
        pop hl
        inc hl
        inc hl
        push hl
        call LD_HL_MHL
        call _vputs
        pop hl
        inc hl
        inc hl
        djnz drawtext
        ret

you'd use it like this:
	ld hl,stringtable
	ld b,2		;number of strings
	call drawtext
stringtable:
	.dw $0000	;_penCol location
	.dw row1	;string
	.dw $0700,row2
row1:	.db "this is on row 1",0
row2:	.db "this is on row 2",0

-josh

On Tue, 1 Sep 1998 19:47:29 EDT BrncAvFan2@aol.com writes:

>The thing about this is that I have A LOT of text to work with.  After
>while, all of that on all of the text that I have to write would make
>the
>program huge.  If I called disp_string a few times, it will have cut
>back mem
>a ton.  If anybody has any good routines for displaying the small
>font, could
>they help me?  I mean, when you use the big font, you do something
>like this:
>
>text:
>	.db "blah blah blah"
>	.db "aklsdjfakld;fa  ",0
>
>This will make the text carry over to the next line.  Assume that the
>top line
>is 21 spaces long.  Because the little font does not all equal the
>same size
>(ex. the "i" takes up less pixels across than the "o", it would really
>be
>helpful.
>
>As to the answer for tbarwick, it did not work.  Again, this is what I
>have:
>
>	ld hl,input_text_1
>	push hl
>	ld hl,$1000
>	call disp_string
>
>disp_string:
>	ld (_penCol),hl
>	pop hl
>	call _vputs
>	ret
>
>input_text_1:
>	.db "This is the text",0

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]