From: Dave <scheltem@aaps.k12.mi.us>
To: assembly-86@lists.ticalc.org <assembly-86@lists.ticalc.org>
Date: Friday, October 23, 1998 3:18 PM
Subject: Re: A86: Midi to Ti-86

Hmm well your idea is sound (no pun sorry) ... and there would be a few uses however there are a few problems with it.  First the sound created by the calc is not just something that you can do when ever you want you must be in a asm program (i don't have no clue about basic) also if you have played around with the sound speakers or whatever you use you know that it is a realy pain to jamb them in to hear the sound.  So on top of the problem of "hacking" the basic menu and adding a command you also have to worry about weither or not it will work at all in a basic prog.  Also i don't know if you have messed with sound in asm, but it is a real pain!  It is not that easy to just have a nice beep for a few seconds let alone adding a user control for it in a outpt stye syntax.  What you are proposing could be done although there are many things you should think of before attempting this that i have not mentioned so if you really really really want a beep in a basic program then go for it.  If not i would think you might want to think of another idea.
Dave
ACZ
e-mail: scheltem@aaps.k12.mi.us
ICQ #16817590