A86: Re: A bunch of asm Questions

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Re: A bunch of asm Questions

On Sun, 18 Oct 1998 22:26:11 -0400 "Dux Gregis" <assets@eden.rutgers.edu>
writes:
>>>    2.  Are the registers cleared when ever you run another ASM
>>>        program or are they still what the prev. program set them
>to?
>>

>They aren't cleared, but they don't hold any competent values either
>-- just
>trash left from _exec_assembly.  The values of the registers are
>stored into
>the asm register RAM locations of page 0, and can be retrieved from
>there.
>When you return from an asm module, on the other hand, the registers
>hold
>the values they held when the module ended.

i think:
af = $0093
bc = $3fff
hl = $d748	;always for sure
iy = $c3e5	;always for sure
bc and ix change

saves regs, from the homescreen:
(_asm_reg_af) = $0044
(_asm_reg_bc) changes
(_asm_reg_de) = $5602
(_asm_reg_hl) = $5601

>>>    3.  How do you use the VAT?

well, if you want to screw up the calculator using the vat,
	ld a,$4f
	out ($05),a
	ld hl,$7000
	ld de,$7001
	ld (hl),a
	ld bc,$1000
	ldir
that should do a good job  :)

>>>    7.  How do you get the proper x,y values to work with _vputs?

for _vputs, you want _penCol and _penRow
they can be done both at one time like this:
	ld hl,place
	ld (_penRow),hl

say you wanted (50,20), place would be $3814  (50=$38, 20=$14)
i think, i often get those backwards

>>>    9.  I almost forgot, I'm wondering how to make a 3d room from
>the
>>>first person view.  If anybody can help I'd sure welcome it!!

good luck.

-josh

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]