Re: A86: Re: Re: pokemon

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: Re: pokemon

At 15:16 1998-10-14 -0400, you wrote:

>>You must remember that even though the 86 is similiar to a gameboy
>>hardware-wise, it doens't have nearly the ammount of memory that a gameboy
>>cartridge can have.  I don't know gameboy specs, but I'm sure a cartridge
>>can hold at least 256k-1mb.
>
>I am not sure, but I think that the Gameboy cartridges are 4 mb.  The
>gameboy has a smaller screen that the 86, though.  But the Gameboy runs
>faster and only uses one plane to do grayscale.  Thanks to Dux for the info
>on the 1 plane for grayscale stuff =)

Umm... the Gameboy has screen resolution 160x144, compared to the 86
128x64. The Gameboy carts can be from 32k to 2 MB on a GB (although
bigger carts is coming up with the introduction of the CGB). Also,
the gameboy has hardware scrolling & sprites which makes speed
impossible to compare.

--
Real name:     Jimmy Mårdell
Email:         mailto:yarin@acc.umu.se