A86: PokeMon (so i was lazy with the accented e...)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: PokeMon (so i was lazy with the accented e...)

Cool... thanks Nathan for the edit... i have yet to test it and i hope it
works...

Anyway, i was hoping that not just someone would make the new pokemon asm
game (seeing that it is quite popular... contrary to what i thought people
liked... and at my school, people enjoy beat'em ups more than rpg and
stratagies...). I was hoping to have multiple someone's work on it, more
like everyone on the list...

We obviously have many talented programmers... so why not have each work on
a seperate part of the coding... one for the overworld (i'm going to explain
the gameboy game, not what i think the asm86 game should contain), one for
the battle, and one for the monster stats and other numerical and text stat
stuff (like stuff them into several files... hehe). Anyway, then we can have
some other people do text and others do graphics (either original or port
from the game... using an emulator, and if i find pokemon english version,
but i do have the japanese versions green, red, and blue on my comp, hint
hint...). But heres the kicker... among other changes when porting from gb
to ti... why don't we have SPECIAL monsters, in the form (or anyform for
that matter) of the people that contributed to the game. These would be the
monsters to get when you finish collecting all 150 (maybe) monsters... hehe.
Anyway, i really believe we should all work on this project, so that the
newbe asm coders can learn from actual experience, and then we can have some
kickass game (sorry for the explitive) that is better than everything else
(since we have input from many people).

Anyway, i basically am saying this since i can't program... and probably
won't be able to learn to, but graphic wise, i'm a wiz... both 3d and 2d.
hehe

Hope someone (or all of you) take my idea and fly with it...

Alan Wong aka Damnation
rcaa@ix.netcom.com