A86: New link cable?!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: New link cable?!

Has anyone had any experience with TI's new calc-to-calc link cable?  By
new, I mean the one with the straight connector instead of the old ones with
a 90-degree angle.  I think they began shipping with all new calcs this year
(my 89 came with one).

My friend told me that he read on the internet that someone emailed TI about
the new cable, and they put in error correcting stuff, but I don't know.
Each side has "buldge" the same size and shape as the one in the middle of
the graph-link cable.  I assume this is where the TI to RS-232 converter is
in the graph link, so they could have added some new stuff to the link
cable.

Anyway, getting to the point, I'm trying to write some good link routines
for the 86, and nothing seemed to work with the new link cable, so I tried
ZTetris, and it only connected once in about 30-40 tries.  Are there
routines built into the rom?  In Scabby's Bomber Bloke, his link routines
called some rom routines, but I wasn't able to figure it out.  Any ideas?

--
David Phillips
mailto:electrum@tfs.net