Re: A86: Re: Howto Create distinct random-integer lists

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

QmH@aol.com
>writes:
>
>> << here's the easiest way:
>>   Make two lists. The first list is the sequence of numbers that you
want to
>>   'shuffle'. The second list is a list of random numbers. then sort
both
>>   lists, using the random list as the 'sort key':
>>      Seq(X,X,1,10,1) STO L1
>>      Seq(Rand,X,1,10,1) STO L2
>>      SortA L2,L1 >>
>

>how about this slight modification:
>
>seq(x,1,10)->L1
>randInt(1,10,10)->L2
>SortX L2,L1
>
>this is a little bit smaller in size, and probably in speed as well.
i'm not
>really claiming credit for this, because i never would've thought of
this
>method without this guy's original idea.  i think this is a tiny bit
better,
>though.

I've got to say. This is a great way. I am unaware of all the functions
in Basic due to the loss of my 86's instruction manual. His idea wasn't
bad and I was incorrect. I am sorry for the last flame I have sent.
Although my way is good, it is not the best. Thank you for teaching me
something new about Basic. I will still stand as the Basic Guru due to
my awesome coding. Thank ye and have a nice day.

-InFuZeD " Sorry for the Flames "