A86: Re: Fwd: Fw: FW: [Fwd: This is wicked cool!! it really works!! You

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Re: Fwd: Fw: FW: [Fwd: This is wicked cool!! it really works!! You pa...

>>  >Subject: Fw: FW: [Fwd: This is wicked cool!! it really works!! You
>>  >paynothing !!!... (fwd)

Are you dumb enough to believe this kind of stuff?  This kind of stuff is
exactly why people hate aol and don't use it.  Anything like this obviously
fake!  Do _not_ send forwards of _anything_ to the list, unless it has
relevance to assembly programming!  If aol people wonder why you get so much
spam, there are two reasons:

1) AOL sucks, and it is easy for someone to collect thousands of aol email
address with little effort
2) You aol people forward chain mail around (I guess aol people have no life
and nothing better to do).  All someone has to do is make up a little bogus
stuff about money and aol people will jump on it (maybe to pay for their
outrageously expensive aol account).  Guess what, by sending me this message
with all the headers intact, I now have a few thousand email addresses to
send spam to!  Just write a little program to extract all the address and
dump them to a text file.  Wouldn't take more than an hour or so in C.  So
by forwarding chain letters, you are giving out your own email address and
all of your recipients as well.  I'm sure your "friends", especially those
with real isp's appreciate this.  Why is this fake?

First, what kind "tracking program" is going to be used?  Anything like that
is obviously fake.  Second, why would banks just hand out money because you
can forward an email to hundreds of email addresses?  Banks aren't in the
business of giving out cash.  However, I'm sure spammers would love to get
all your friend's email addresses.  Third, multi-level-marketing schemes
that involve buying reports and such, are fake due to a little math.  If
_everyone_ can make $50,000, where does it all come from?  If I only pay
$20, then I can only receive $20.  Simple...

If you want spam, then you need to subscribe to aol.  If you want to talk
about assembly programming, then you are at the right place.  Let's not
combine the two, please...

--
David Phillips <electrum@tfs.net>
ICQ: 13811951