Re: A86: Edit locking BASIC progs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Edit locking BASIC progs

>>And now, the dreaded barage of questions:
>:-)
>
>>2.  When you call _FINDSYM, according to Assembly Studio's beauty of a
>>help file, the A register will contain the variable type and var flags.
>>First of all, is this byte the same as the first byte of its VAT entry?
>>Second, what are these variable flags?
>
>I can kind of answer this one... Yes, it's the same as the byte in the VAT
>entry. I've never seen any of the flags set...I think one bit is used
>temporarily by _delvar. But normally they're all 0. I think TI just
>reserved the top 3 bits for their own use...

I was trying hack into the calc's linkport routines a while back (I was
trying to figure out how to use sqrtKEY to send unmarked programs
arbitrarily) and noticed that when you select a program, bit 8 (if I
remember correctly) is set to in the VAT to indicate that mark.

You can send unrequested programs across the link by setting bit 8 when it's
in the correct state, but since my goal was to send sqrtKEY across the link
(which can be done), I was never able to figure out how to activate sqrtKEY
on the calc it is sent to, so I failed.