A86: Input string

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Input string

I need a string input routine.  At ticalc.org, I found this one (below), which
says it outputs to op1.  I'm new to asm, and I don't really know what op1 is.
I thought it had something to do with floating point calculations.  Also, I
don't really understand how to use it.  What are cleantmp and ptempcnt?  I
would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Bowser

    ld      de,_ioprompt
    ld      hl,str_prmpt
    call    _mov10b ; move prompt to prompt buffer , 21 max
    ld hl,(_cleantmp)
    push hl	;Saves current cleantmp value
    ld hl,(_PTempCnt)
    ld (_cleantmp),hl ; cleantmp=ptempcnt so input errors save temp var
    ld a,0Ch
    ld (_asap_ind),a ; set for 'inputstring'
    call _exec_pg3 ; get string, op1 = var containing string
    call    _stoans          ; store int 'Ans'
    pop hl ; HL=PREVIOUS CLEANTMP
    ld (_cleantmp),hl