Re: A86: String comparison

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: String comparison

compares (hl) to (de)
strings are preceded by a length BYTE
strings are compared even if length is different

on return:
 a will be the last byte compared from (hl)
 b will be the number of bytes left in the shorter string
 flags will reflect a cp of the last byte

if the string compare the same up to the last byte in the smaller string,
their lengths are compared, a will be the length of (hl), b will be 0

all other registers are preserved!

-josh

On Fri, 20 Nov 1998 17:15:33 -0800 Cassady Roop <croop@oregontrail.net>
writes:

>Deep in the bowels of my include file, I have found a string
>comparison?
>call.  Does anyone know what the inputs/outputs of this are?  What
>registers does it modify?
>
>_strcmp     equ    $4963

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]