Re: A86: ROM Images (legal battle thread)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 04:59 AM 11/19/98 +0100, you wrote:
>That's probably true.  However, I thought this thread was about the legal
>issues, not the profit and/or reality issues.  TI most likely won't go
>after people using their ROM to make free games, however that doesn't mean
>it isn't illegal.

Actually, it is quite legal.  Shall I tell you once again about the
"programming research" exception and be redundant or shall I refer you to
previous e-mails for all the information you could ever need?  Option 2
will save bandwidth, so I now refer you to all the previous e-mails, on the
copyright law exception of "programming research" purposes, that I wrote.

>--
>Bryan Rabeler <brabeler@ticalc.org>
>   File Archives, News, Features, and HTML
>   the ticalc.org project - http://www.ticalc.org/
>
>On Wed, 18 Nov 1998 KidFedX@aol.com wrote:
>

>> Do you think that TI went into business for the principal?  That's a fat-
>> chance.  The sole-reason for a business is to make profits.  You might say
>> that a business worships the god called Profit.  TI _IS_ happy as long
as they
>> make a profit.  If we do free work for them (making games and programs)
which
>> they can eventually embed into their ROMs; won't that make them even
happier
>> because they don't have to pay a larger research staff?
>> 	Think about it.  We give them free labor -- nothing better than that.
And if
>> that is against principal; I think TI has over-looked that.
>> 	Remeber Ti-cares@ti.com (Ti-cares about money)

                 Thomas J. Hruska -- thruska@tir.com
                    http://shinelight.home.ml.org

Follow-Ups: References: