RE: A86: ROM Images (legal battle thread)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: A86: ROM Images (legal battle thread)

Well, the TI-82 /doesn't/ support assembly.  However, ALL processors support
machine code (in fact, it's the only thing they understand!).

All assembly programs are run because a memory backup was hacked and a hole
in system security was exploited.  ASM is not officially supported by TI on
the TI-85 and TI-82.  Bryan is right.  :)

If you're going to nitpick everything we say, at least do it right.  ;)

Also, writing programs has nothing to do with copying the ROM for
programming research.  There are loads of idiot programmers who don't know
what a ROM is (granted, not many program in ASM).  I've written a couple of
ASM programs, and none of them required me to copy the ROM.  I used TI's
documented ROM calls.  So an ASM program isn't illegal because it uses ROM
calls.

-----
Stuntman (Nathan Haines) - ICQ UIN#: 2157863
http://table.jps.net/~stuntman/nathan.html
QuickBASIC/Visual BASIC/TI-BASIC programmer (just your basic programmer)
President of Stuntworks - http://stuntworks.home.ml.org/

Follow-Ups: References: