Re: A86: ROM Images (legal battle thread)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: ROM Images (legal battle thread)

> Paranoid I am not.  Cautious I am.  TI is just waiting for ticalc,
> ti-files, or dimension-ti to mess up.  The second that such an error is
> made, TI will begin the legal process.  TI would love to shut down every
> last major site and if we can defend our position and win, TI will leave us
> alone, forever.

	I don't think that they are like some evil organization just biding
their time before maliciously striking down all sites that have used or
provide their ROM.  Although they of course don't outwardly admit it, I
don't think they mind THAT much as long as you don't turn around and
start selling the ROM.  After all, assembly programmers buy
calculators.  They don't want to alienate their customers.  Maybe they
are afraid that we'll all turn Hewlett-Packard...

Follow-Ups: References: