Re: A86: ROM Images

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: ROM Images

   Why doesn't everyone just WAKE UP? Emulators are legal, as long as
you have a legal right to the ROM you are using. NO ONE (except TI)
can distribute the ROM without the calculator attached (or keep an
extra copy...) because the ROM is copyrighted material and TI has
evidently NOT given anyone express permission to distribute it (though
maybe they should, but that's another topic altogether...). If no one
distributes the ROM online it *should* keep them happy, since the ROM
used in any emulator would almost have to be from a calculator owned
by the person using it. Sure, you can find exceptions, but it should
keep everyone reasonably happy.
I (like everyone else here appearantly) am not a lawyer or law student
or anyone, just someone who takes some interest in the laws of my
country.

PS. If anyone knows a lawyer with any knowledge in this field, PLEASE
get they're expert oppinion, I'd like to know how wrong I am.

Thanks.