A86: ROM Images

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: ROM Images

Everyone, I  _finally_  got a reply from TI about ROM images (remember
that discussion a couple of months ago?), and I thought you would all
like to see it. It is as follows:

--James

Dear Mr. Doty,

thank you for your recent mail to TI. Here's the email that emulator
builders usually receive:

The Texas Instruments calculator emulator posted on your web site
requires
that a user copy
the content of a TI calculator's ROM in order for the emulator to work.
The act of copying the
ROM is a violation of the copyright law and by distributing the emulator
available from your web
site you are inducing others to engage in a copyright infringement
activity.  Such knowing inducement to
infringe is a violation of the copyright law.  TI demands that you
immediately remove the emulator
from your web site and immediately cease from any further distribution of
the emulator.
Respectfully,
Texas Instruments Incorporated
Educational & Productivity Solutions
Herbert W. Foster
Manager, Business Services
For further information you can always contact us at TI-Cares@ti.com or
call us at
0032 70 233279. Have a look at our website as well: www.ti.com.

Kind regards,

Nick R?mer
TI Customer Service Center

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]