A86: _ALT_ON_EXEC

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: _ALT_ON_EXEC

Ok... I need to know several things:

1. 	_alt_on_exec is the user 'on' routine that executes each time the
calc is turned on, right?

How do I use it?  Just like the user int routine?  I need to know:

Where is it?  How long is it?  Does it require a flag to be set/reset?
Does it use a checkskum system like the user interrupt uses?

2.	Is there any danger in running an assembly program right off of its
original copy in storage mem?  I mean without transferring it to
_asm_exec_ram, or using _exec_assembly, but just calling the program in
storage.  Can you do that?

3.	Also, I can use _textShadow as scratch space, right?  What flag do I
set/reset to keep this space from being written to by the calc while I
am using it?  And, this area will only contain printable ascii codes,
right?  I need to make sure that there is nothing that can already be in
_textShadow by chance that matches a value my program is going to place
there and look for.