Re: A86: Questions on Port 3, calc on, off, APD, etc

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Questions on Port 3, calc on, off, APD, etc

> 3.) When the calculator is off, does the interrupts run in the background or
> does it disable timer interrupts and wait for an ON interrupt. Does anyone
> have any details on this?

It disables the maskable (timer) interrupts, turns off the LCD, and halts.
The only way to get out of the halt is through a non-maskable interrupt
(the ON interrupt).

> 4.) The calculator appears to turn on immediately when you put batteries in
> it, executes a HALT and waits for the ON key before it initializes. Is this
> correct?

I believe it is, though I am not sure on that.

> 5.) Does the calculator do different things if it is shut off depending on
> whether it what caused by the APD shut it off or [2nd][ON]. It appears to
> have a difference

APD just turns off the screen, DI's and HALT's.  When you turn back
on the calc, it's state will be identical to the way you left it.  [2nd] [ON]
exits to the homescreen and restores the stack as well.  You exit what
you were doing.