Re: A86: Flags

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Flags

On Wed, 27 May 1998 16:48:10 -0500 David Phillips <electrum@tfs.net>
writes:

>I decided to my first real dissassembly of the rom.  If this info is
>anywhere else (I'm sure it is, please point me to it):
>
>-IY+$1E ($C403) changes between $40 and $00--bit 7--somewhere in the
>keypress code.  I can't find any instruction that does either res
>7,(IY+$1e) or set  7,(IY+$1e).  Do bits actually start at 0 when you
>are

yes, bits start at 0.

>I'm trying to figure out where it decides where to jump to when you
>press a
>key like 2nd+mode.  Then I could dissassemble the mode code to find
>all the
>IY flags.

this is where it's good to use the emulator to disassemble.  you can
trace it a lot easier.

$6aa4 on page $01 is the important bit (for the full-screen menus)
it uses ix like a structure:
ix+$04,$05	= where on screen
ix+$07,$08	= string
ix+$09,$0a	= where in memory
ix+$10		= mask
ix+$0f		= value

i think all the iy flags on the mode menu have been found, though.

-josh

>// David Phillips
>// mailto:electrum@tfs.net
>// AIM: electrum32

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]