Re: A86: Re: rom calls

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: rom calls

that's where i got them in the first place,,,  actually, the first one calls
the 3rd...  and i don't think that the 2nd one rets normally.  they're called
in between the normal parser and when (sqrt)PARSE is called.  $496F screws
around with the SP a lot.  I've found where you need (i think) to jr or ret to
after (sqrt)PARSE to get back to normal parsing, but i've tried it and it
always screws up.  This is how it works: (on page 3) at $5845, it checks if
the flag for sqrtPARSE is set.  If it doesn't, then it jumps aherad to $5851
and continues as normal.  Otherwise, it calls $3105, which calls $28CB (which
is also called from $496F on rom page $D).  I don't think it returns as
normal, as it screws all around with SP, and it ends up retting to $598F on
page $D, which pushes OP1 and then checks if (sqrt)PARSE exists.  If it
doesn't, it jumps to $59AC, otherwise, it calls execasm (i think).  Also, by
the time all of this is started, the command line has already been tokenized
into '#'.
I've tried jumping back to different locations (suck as $59AC and $5851 (on
the proper pages) but it never works correctly)  Anyone have any ideas?

--
Stephen Hicks
mailto:shicks@mindspring.com

Follow-Ups: References: