A86: Corrupt 86 ROM Image

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Corrupt 86 ROM Image

	I am generally content to lurk; however, I would like to use a
TI-86 emulator and I am having difficulty downloading a ROM image from my
86. The problem may be that I am using Dumpxp by Nate Goergen to receive
the ROM image over a parallel link. Has any one been able to use this
program to receive a ROM image?

	I have attempted to get the ROM image many times using different
speed computers, in Windows,  in DOS, and with different emulators. Does
anyone have any suggestions?

	Does the Romdump program send data at constant rate? Could my
link cable have too much capacitance, thus slowing the transfer rate too
much for Romdump to work?

Thank You,
Kenneth Call

P.S. Would it be illegal to distribute a corrupt ROM Image for the intent
that others may inspect it and perhaps offer suggestions?

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Follow-Ups: References: