Re: A86: An idea for an ASM program

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Stephen Hicks wrote:

> no, the "0" before it puts something in Ans.  Also, if you were to use a
> function with parameters, you would run into several problems:
> (a) the user would have to install the token before the basic program would
> work.

If all the asaps are used, display the message "No room to Install".
Otherwise use the first available asap.  Matt Shepcar posted a call that
will do all this for you (look at ROM central).

> (b) the token may conflict with other asaps (stat, fin, trig, asm, etc...) and
> if it is installed automatically, that would cause a problem.

I think that a user would more upset about having to store the
parameters in variables and reading output in variables than having to
install a program.

> Calling the asm program from the basic program with an Asm(beep) is really the
> best way.  The only time user tokens come in handy is when you want to add
> functionality to the user end of the os...

Follow-Ups: References: