Re: A86: Another question. . .

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Another question. . .

you can do the following:

ld a,r		;get refresh register
and $03		;get # from 0-3
inc a		;now its # from 1-4

but it's kind of a sucky generator depending what you're using it for
(if you're using it, say, 100 times in a row, it really is bad 'cause it
repeats a lot). you can also use various routines for generating random
numbers. if you check out my TIESAQ source code on ticalc.org you will
find a routine that put a random # into HL. if you use it, you want to
do this:

call GetRand	;get the # into hl
ld a,l		;use only the lower byte - could be ld a,h also
and $03		;get # from 0-3
inc a		;now its # from 1-4

if you want the max 2 b numbers that aren't a power of two, it gets
harder to do and also become slower, you have to write modulo routines,
etc.

--