Re: A86: interrupts

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: interrupts

>im 2 goes straight into our assembly code.  Even if you use pop hl and
>skip part of the interrupt, there is still about 50 bytes of code being
>needlessly run every time the interrupt is called.  It adds up...
>

>Just use the instruction <im 2>, and your back to normal, with the
>interrupt restored, even!

Oh ok, well use IM 1 to restore the normal mode right? And IM 2 to use the
routine.. I found this on the list posted earlier

---
im 2 - jump to (i*$100+v) where v is a value gotten of the bus (in ti
calcs its random)  would crash the calc about 999 times outta 1000

No.  You can install a table of jumps that will account for every possible
alue that can be put on the bus.  There's a mail about it a few months ago
on he list.
--

So I assume that explains why you need 256 byte table right? Why did someone
mention you would need 257 bytes? And would the table just be a bunch of

-Matt
http://www.dogtech.com/cybop/ti86/