Re: A86: Manipulation of numerical values of strings

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Manipulation of numerical values of strings

>to convert a real to a string use this code:
>:45->A
>:LinR {0,1},{A,A}
>:Eq>St(RegEq,B)
>:sub(B,1,lngth B-3)->A
>now A holds "45"
>I was going to make an asm program to convert a real to a string and
>back but i scrapped it when i found the above methods.

At last! This was exactly what i was looking for! Pretty nifty using the
only way the "operating system" will put a numerical value in an equation,
aside St->Eq.
The only "bad" thing about is that it's slow, too slow to be really useful
to me.

Back to the question about how to do it in ASM, assuming that would make it
faster :|

/Tekk