Re: A86: Manipulation of numerical values of strings

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Jonas Oberg wrote:

> We have the following:
> "some number"/->/String e.g.. "22"/->/String
>
> Now what I want to do is to create another string containing the numerical value of string manipulated mathematically e.g.. sin 22, 3*22, 22^2 etc.
>
> Why am I posting this to this list? Well, seemingly this can't be done in BASIC so I'm wondering how to go about doing it in ASM.
>
> /Tekk

I think I see what you're saying.  I have no clue how to do it in ASM.  I know this is
an assembly list but here's the solution in TI-BASIC:  Use the commands "Eq>St" and
"St>Eq"

Here's an example TI-BASIC program:

	InpSt STRING
	St>Eq (STRING,EQU)
	Disp EQU

When you run the program this is what you type:

1)  ?sin 22

It will display: .374606593416

Hope this helps.

		Tercero