Re: A86: Asm Questions that have been building up :) (Sound)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Asm Questions that have been building up :) (Sound)

>Is the TI-86 strong enough to drive a small speaker from it's link
>port? Has
>any programs been designed for this? Wouldnt the speed of the
>processor be
>too slow for digital sound to be produced? After all, the speaker
>would have
>to be rapidly turned on and off (that is how the PC speaker could
>duplicate
>digital sound)

Yes, you can drive small speakers (i.e. headphones) from the link port.
It involves slipcing a link cable with a headphone cable, since the ends
are slightly different sizes. I even remember seeing a program somewhere
that converts .WAV files to ASM. I can't remember if it is for the 85 or
86, though. I don't know if any 86 programs have been developed for sound
yet, but one I can remember for the 85 is ZPong.

--JdAoMtEyS
"Oh my god, they killed Kenny!"

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]