Re: A86: oncalc assembler

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: oncalc assembler

>From owner-assembly-86-outgoing@towerguard.unix.edu.sollentuna.se Wed
Mar 18 21:24:38 1998
>From: "Trey Jazz" <joemama@minot.com>
>To: <assembly-86@lists.ticalc.org>
>Subject: A86: oncalc assembler
>Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 22:04:52 -0600
>Sender: owner-assembly-86@lists.ticalc.org
>
>has anyone thought about or started an oncalc assembler for real asm =
>programming on the run? i would start one but the ld,etc. commands are
=
>above my head for how you specify the register or value to load
to/from, =
>could someone tell me or send me a doc on how these work?

Actually, you don't have to know how the instructions themselves work at
all...  Basically, TI-86 ASM is stored similar to the way the old TI-85
"assembler" worked.  If you'll remember, that was a BASIC program
wherein you had to look at a chart of all the values of the calls and
write all the memory locations you want to mess with in a "backwards"
way.  The TI-86 stores the ASCII assembly in the same way.  So, all you
would have to do is find out the values of all of the functions, write a
program that will tokenize the input, convert everything, and write it
to a program file, with which you can do AsmComp( on.