A86: Re: Change the whole TI-89 operating system?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Re: Change the whole TI-89 operating system?

>Flash ROM.. hmm.. if someone knew enough about the TI-89, couldnt they
>actually create there own Z80 operating system??  Like CP/M.. I mean,
>someone could hack the flash rom and make there own freaking rom!! You
>could make it totally different calculator, it could do anything..
>
>Is the flash rom the whole actual rom? I mean, if someone overwrites the
>ROM image with a hacked rom image, and makes a mistake, they couldnt even
>get the original rom back could they? Once you lost the OS, how could u
>upgrade it? I mean it uses the ti graph link to transfer the new rom right?
>Maybe they have a permanent rom that is an interface for transfering new
>roms.. I don't...Weird.. any ideas?
>
>-Matt

Actually the TI-89 is going to use a 68K chip instead of a Z80 (but other
than that, I guess it is possible to make a new rom) (wouldn't that be the
only to insure compatibility with the 92)... also why didn't they make the
92 that small a long time before now... I mean they could have relased an 88
or something and make an upgrade for it called the 88+ (which would have
been the same module as the 92's) minus the geometry.

I think that it would be cool to make your own rom for the calc... But like
you said if they messed up, they couldn't transfer it back.

ViRtUaL mAlFuNcTiOn