Re: A86: Another Question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Another Question

At 09:15 PM 3/6/98 -0500, you wrote:

>Hello Everyone... Can someone tell me why this doesn't work???  It displays
>4 sprites, not 8, and not 4 in a row either...

What are you trying to check the bits of? Right now you're mostly checking
the bits of Screen (i.e. most of the time, when you do bit ?,a, a is Screen).

For example, here:

>DrawLoop:
>	ld hl,(RowVar1)		;Load RowVar into hl
>	bit 0,a 			;check the first digit
>	call nz,RowOneSpr		;if 1, then draw ...
>	ld a,(Screen)
>	add a,12
>	ld (Screen),a
>	ld hl,(RowVar1)
>	bit 1,a

for the bit 0,a, a would still be 47 from loading Row1VarY. For the bit
1,a, a would be Screen. From looking at the code, I thought Screen was some
kind of screen offset. So I don't see any reason to check the bits of it
(correct me if I'm wrong).

--Joshua