Re: A86: Re: Assembly Studio 86 available

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Stephen Hicks wrote:

> Derive is a commercial program that costs a lot of money...

Yes, but the oldest versions are now Abandonware (basically free,
unsupported software--perfect for people like me with a palmtop computer
with decade-old hardware in it).  If you'll notice, the site I listed in
a previous message was in fact for the HP 200LX.  Anyway, this has
really nothing to do with TI Calculators, so I'll try to make this
quick.  TGaArdvark wrote in a message that Derive would only work on
computer slower than the 86.  Not true!  I run it just fine on my
Pentium 120, as well as my palmtop (80x86 7.91 mHz), neither of which
are slower than the 86.  This program is reported to work on the slowest
4 mHz computers.  Also, I would like to again emphasize that most old
software is not Warez, but Abandonware.  Warez is more recent
software--within 6 years if I remember correctly.  Derive (1.14) was
written in 1988, which was 10 years ago.

-Jeremy