A86: Re: Update: Shell

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Re: Update: Shell

I'm designing my own shell, not for any release (unless I mangae to do
something amazing) but for my own learning interests. My first question (of
many) is how should I store Variables I will need to use in my shell. I
can't obviously use the text memory as any program I shell will want and
probably averwrite that area.

Is the only option available data segaments in my program?
ie:    .db    00h
        .dw    0000h     etc?

Or is their someother method of storing variables i could use?]

Much thanks in advance for anyon who helps with this query