Re: A86: Derive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Derive

Klukan wrote:

> Grams Family wrote:
>
> > >For my palmtop.  It is a DOS program and is much too large to run on
> > the
> > >86 (not that it could anyway).
> > >
> > Well, the 92 has a version of Derive built into it, so I thought maybe
> >
> > there was one for the 86.
> >
> > --Joshua
>
> Actually, it was written by the same people, but is not the same.  Why?
> Because DOS-based programs (even the source) is not compatible with the
> 92's processor.  I would have to assume Derive was written in C, while
> the 92's symbolic manipulation software was written in ASM or whatever
> the built-in software was written in.  I'm sure the 86 will have
> symbolic manipulation soon enough.

I'm sure it won't. TI won't do that since the 92 has and TI still wants
to sell 92s. And I think nobody here is able to program such a symbolic
manipulation kernel (I mean for derivating and integrating, because for
solving equations symbolically, it might be done). I already asked to
some people on the net which told me it was very hard. Also I've
decompiled Derive for DOS, which is 250 or 300 kB (too big for the 86 :(
), and... ...2000 pages of code. Good luck to someone able to do that
work... And remember the 92 has a 512 kB or 1 MB ROM...

~ Nicolas.

Follow-Ups: References: